Alloy (or mag) wheels are so popular due to their great variety of cool looking designs. Alloy wheels can transform a boring looking car into a high performance, stylish machine.
Alloy wheels also have a practical use. They can be substantially lighter than standard steel wheels and this reduced weight can:
- Improve braking performance
- Improve the handling due to lower unsprung weight and better heat dissipation
- Allow the fitment of tyres with far more road grip
- Provide clearance for larger disc brakes
- Potentially reduce fuel consumption